pondělí 16. dubna 2018

WebQuest Intro




A WebQuest is an effective tool for USING English. In the following term, you will find out how it works and how to design a good WebQuest. Today we will focus on the main characteristics and criteria.


REMEMBER: A good WebQuest
- uses Internet resources (written in good authentic English)
- requires independent thinking, not mechanic copying from references
- is based on information processing: the students search for facts, evaluate, and come to their your own conclusions



WebQuest Home Page

WebQuest characteristic:
• information search
• information processing (THINKING, evaluating, comparing, choosing, combining, analysis, synthesis…)
• creativity
• autonomy
• fun

What is necessary:
• clear instructions
• clear description of the final product
• adequate choice of internet sources, with comments


Look at the WebQuest template to learn more about its structure.

TASK:
Read the following WebQuests. Which of them would you prefer as a student? Why?
Write your opinions and decisions into the comment to this blog entry. Do not forget to mention the reasons for your decision, identify your preferences!

WebQuest 1 - Animals
WebQuest 2 - A Trip to Egypt
WebQuest 3 - A Diary of the Survivor
WebQuest4 - Building Stonehenge
WebQuest5 - Conspiracy Theories
WebQuest6 - Gun Violence + Race



__________________________________

23 komentářů:

  1. I would prefer the stonehenge one, because it's the most visualy appealing.

    Scharf

    OdpovědětVymazat
    Odpovědi
    1. Although thematically speaking, the third one seems the most interesting to me
      Scharf

      Vymazat
  2. Out of all of the WebQuest pages provided I've chosen the 3rd one. Not only it is the most visually pleasing to me but the tasks are quite interesting in my opinion...

    Although my interest might be biased since the target group of the WebQuest is around my age.

    - Vácha

    OdpovědětVymazat
  3. A diary of the survivor

    - i like the idea of this one, mostly how is throws you right into action, you just woke up, where are you? ... really great

    I would also like the 9/11 conspiracies but the design ( background, colors ,...) on this one is gross. It looks like it's as old as the internet itself and it a really big downside of that quest.

    *David Štěpán*

    OdpovědětVymazat
  4. A diary of the survivor
    Creative, informative, fun, helps develop a imagination, great history lesson
    Takáčová

    OdpovědětVymazat
  5. I would prefer WebQuest no 3. Looks like the most enjoyable out of these and background is pleasant to look at, unlike some of the others.
    Klasna

    OdpovědětVymazat
  6. I prefer A diary of the survivor because the topic is quite interesting to me.

    Ullmann

    OdpovědětVymazat
  7. I enjoyed the conspiracy theories. This topic is my life-long passion and I found it very helpful anyway. I came to the conclusion that the most probable theory is that Bush did 9/11. Thank you

    OdpovědětVymazat
    Odpovědi
    1. From the technical stand point I must choose the number three. The color scheme is nice and readable, structure is logical. Very nice. 10/10

      Vymazat
    2. *standpoint
      -grammar nazi

      Vymazat
  8. Gärtner
    9/11 conspiracy - most interesting, fun to do

    OdpovědětVymazat
  9. I would prefer Building the Stonehenge, interesting topic and its visually pleasing.

    OdpovědětVymazat
  10. Arlington Zoo Animal Relocation Project - interesting topic, very detailed and organised

    Saidlová

    OdpovědětVymazat
  11. I like the 9/11 because it has interesting and fun topic, but the colors are really off and the web desing as a whole is really poorly made.

    Tadeáš Bartek

    OdpovědětVymazat
  12. The diary of the survivor seems to be the most interesting one of them. Also the first one is nicely done.
    Horáková

    OdpovědětVymazat
  13. I like the first one although it is focused on children - which I deduced from the design of the page and the chosen topic, which is ZOO. It is systematically arranged and well-organized. I don't have any problems with orientation in the webquest because I can follow the information step by step because they are in good order. Only one thing that is wrong in my opinion is the table clarity because the tables are huge and outstretched - that is not very well-arranged. Ihnatolová

    OdpovědětVymazat
  14. Conspiracy theories. It's a controversial topic, which makes it quite engaging and interesting. Also it doesn't use comic sans, which is a huge plus.
    Veselý

    OdpovědětVymazat
  15. The Diary of Survior:

    I think this one is most interesting. It encourages your creativity.

    Stecjuková

    OdpovědětVymazat
  16. I guess the most interesting one for me would be task n. 3. Because on one hand you need to do some research, but on the other you can be creative in a lot of ways with the diary entries and so on.
    Vávrová Kateřina

    OdpovědětVymazat
  17. I was deciding between the third and fourth because they both seem creative and interesting. I would choose Building the Stonehenge.
    Fichtnerová

    OdpovědětVymazat
  18. I personally like A diary of a survivor and the Zoo project. the webquest regarding animals was very age appropriate, desigh was well done and thought through and gave enough resources for the students to work with. A diary of the survivor had one advantage above all which was personally involving the student in the webquest. The introduction was nicely done, yet there were some grammatical errors.
    As I really like the idea of 9/11 conspiracy theories, I did not like the visual! The colors were very disturbing and they didn't correspond on some pages.

    OdpovědětVymazat
  19. Truly outstanding article allocated by you. I appreciate the way you keep posting such relevant details and make us familiar with latest guidance. Keep blogging. Thanks for the share.
    Website Design Company in Lucknow | Website Redesign Services

    OdpovědětVymazat
  20. I enjoy you because of all of your effort on this website.All of us hear all relating to the medium you give simple tips on your web blog.

    OdpovědětVymazat